A program for children in Kandiyohi County 0 – 5 years old. This is an exciting new reading program designed for pre-school children and their families. Many people believe that children learn to read and write in kindergarten or first grade. Developing literacy skills begins at birth through everyday interactions – sharing books, telling stories, singing songs, talking to one another, or pointing out and naming objects. Families-parents, grandparents, and older siblings play a powerful role in preparing young children for future school success and in becoming self confident and motivated learners.
How it works:
- Register your child and receive a FREE book bag and reading record to take home.
- Write down the title of each library book that is read.
- Receive a stamp for each 25 books read.
- Receive a prize after every 100 books read.
- Each child who completes 1,000 books will be invited to a graduation party and will receive a diploma, t-shirt, and book.
This program is sponsored by:
Willmar Public Library
Jennie-O Foods Inc.
Willmar Area Early Childhood Initiative